August 24th, 2017

Eclipse

By Lucinda Gruber

We had an excellent Monday this week. The residents thought it was excellent because it was Panera Monday. I thought it was excellent because so many residents were present for my "Chief's Interesting Case" during noon conference. Dan and Dagny liked it because we had time to see the eclipse after I was done with our differential building about fever of unknown origin. And...there is always a skeptic in the bunch...Hannah thought it was just shy of excellent as she spent her day taking ABIM boards. You can't make everyone happy. 🙂

The interesting thing about St. Marys Hospital is the multitude a little courtyards, nooks, and crannies throughout the hospital. We went out into one of the larger, grassed courtyards (with a lovely fountain in the summer - and snowy fountain in the winter) to enjoy the eclipse. A patient let me borrow her glasses so I could avoid the inevitable eye damage. Very nice of her as I did not take advantage of the free eclipse glasses distributed at the Rochester Public Library. Here is a picture of the crowd gathering! (You can see a couple of our interns toward the right side. Sushma is wearing a yellow jacket so she is easy to spot!)

Tags: About Rochester