October 30, 2017

Mayo with Fantastic Showing at Minnesota ACP

By Lucinda Gruber

I headed to Minneapolis on Thursday night for the Minnesota Governor's Council Meeting for ACP. It showcased what all the IM training programs in Minnesota are working on, and I had a chance to meet a couple other chiefs. We also had a nice discussion about advocacy and health policy in Minnesota. This was finished with a coffee and a seasonal fruit crisp...so all in all...a pretty good meeting!

On Friday, I was joined by Dr. Oxentenko, Dagny, and Dan for the main event. Over 55 residents from our program were also in attendance for the poster session, Doctor's Dilemma showdown, and Thieve's Market case presentation. I had so much fun working my way through the poster room, snapping pics and chatting with everyone. We had some pretty impressive clinical vignettes there with some CRAZY photos and imaging.

The top 5 posters included four Mayo residents, Alex Ryu, Dan Childs, Ronstan Lobo, and Paul Viscuse. The overall winner was Ronstan Lobo! Congratulations to them! Our Doctor's Dilemma team came in second with a really tough final round. I was very proud of how well they worked as a team, and impressed with how much they knew! Dagny presented an interesting case of dissemintation histoplasmosis with liver, bone marrow, and colon involvement complicated by hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis. She kept us on the edge of our seats as the case unfolded.

Tags: Conferences, Scholarship