November 2, 2017

Another 100%…

By Lucinda Gruber

...ABIM board pass rate, that is! I am pleased to announce that my residency class of 2017 has passed boards.

Yes, these people are board certified in internal medicine now!

In the chief's office, we were hard at work studying on the weeks leading up to our exam. Our residency provides access to MKSAP and NEJM Knowledge Plus question banks, which was a huge help with our studies. For those who like the feel of a book in their hands, we are also given multiple hard copies of study books and reference materials...which means I was toting around a 60 pound book for much of July! This was probably a good bicep workout though. 🙂

In addition to these resources, we also have access to the videos from the most recent Mayo Board Review. I liked using these videos during 2nd and 3rd year when I was rotating through the subspecialties, like nephrology, hematology, and infectious diseases. It helped solidify topics I was learning about on rounds, but also highlighted important board points. I guess I can say that these study tools are helpful because 100% is a 100%! Here are some pics of my class celebrating at our senior dinner.

Congratulations Class of 2017! I'm proud to count you among my ABIM colleagues!

Tags: News