February 6, 2018

Nacho Tuesday

By Lucinda Gruber

For those of you taco enthusiasts out there, Taco Tuesday is probably the highlight of your week. I would be lying if I said that Taco Tuesday has never been a big motivator for me to wake up, shower, and get dressed on a Tuesday...so I could work...and then TACO. I like a simple chicken taco from my own kitchen. Or a spicy, cilantro-infused barbacoa delight from Hefe Rojo. I'm also a big fan of the "Grilled in East L.A." steak tacos from Tap House. I'm even going to go out on a limb and say that the egg rolls from Pho Chau (no hyperlink here...but definitely worth checking out) somehow feed the same part of my soul that tacos do. But, for all this serious talk about tacos, imagine my surprise when we were graced with the presence of NACHO Tuesday today at noon conference. A rare and precious event, seldom seen in St. Marys Hospital, the stars aligned and today we had nachos.

I don't know why this surprised me. I'm the one who made the menu for the next 2 months...so I should always know what is coming. Instead, I like to live dangerously and be surprised by our lunch options. And, these nachos lived up to all this hype. They were very tasty today, and definitely worthy of a Nacho Tuesday designation. I'm tempted to follow this up with dinner at Forager Brewery with the oven baked nachos that are topped with...goat cheese! It is fantastic and always gives me cause to celebrate Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Maybe even Thursday. 🙂

And with that, I wish you a happy Nacho Tuesday! True, this is a holiday of my own making, but perhaps Tuesday needs a little extra bedazzlement this week. And nothing bedazzles like nachos.

Tags: #NachoTuesday, #NoonConferenceLunch, Uncategorized